This Dementia Awareness ½ day course has been designed to aid any health and social care worker who comes into contact with people with dementia. It focuses on understanding the different types of dementia and their effects.
It will help attendees to develop enhanced person-centred care skills to better understand and support the growing number of people who are living with dementia.
Course Content and Structure
- What is Dementia?
- Different Types of Dementi
- Recognising Signs and Symptoms
- Supporting Individuals with Dementia
- Promoting Effective Communication with People with Dementia
- Person Centred Approaches
- Understanding the Roles of Health Care Professionals
- Understanding and Responding to Behaviour that can be seen as Challenging
This course can be used as an introduction for staff new to care or as an excellent refresher for those seeking to maintain or update their knowledge.
|Week Commencing||Course Dates||Places Available||Venue|
|17th October||17th October||10||CBD Training Suite||Book Now|
In the UK today there are around 850,000 people aged over 65 living with dementia, a figure likely to double by 2050 with someone new being diagnosed every 4 seconds.
Link to Alzheimer’s Society
Link to Dementia UK